Sign in to follow this  
Guest LeoL

RD-PAN16F Rotary Decoder Recall

Hello Everyone,Firstly I would like to thank Richard Alty for taking the time to have these decoders produced and all blame, shame and flames should be directed solely at ME not him. Ok it seems that some people are having trouble connecting these (due to lack of documentation) or even getting these decoders to work particularly with FSBUS and I wish to apologize to everyone for all this trouble.I am awaiting the decoder myself from Richard so as soon as I have it and can determine how the actual components correlate to my schematics (the reverse engineering part), I will then be able to prepare a proper pinout and interconnectivity diagram(s) and documentation.Now for the disclaimer -I cannot guaranty that this design will work on FSBUS or any other interface hardware besides my own USB stuff. Some people have reported that it simply won't work with FSBUS without resorting to digital switch ICs and inverters! So for all those people who purchased one from Richard Alty for use on FSBUS (or any other I/O hardware), please contact me to arrange for a refund. I will buy back these decoders from you.For those that intend to use these on either Photon input board or my own USB modules, you have the option to wait for the documentation, or ask for a refund. If anyone is contemplating building one of these or the older RD-PAN16F (the one without the transistors), please note that you do so at your own risk!-Leo Lacava

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!