Sign in to follow this  
Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Commercial Add-ons hardware support. There is none!

Guest allistah

Yup. I found it there. Thanks.I've looked at the docs on how to use this thing and it looks like the "3-Scan Locater" button is what I want to use.Now I've tried to use it for a number of things like altitude, FD, IAS, etc and haven't been able to find any of them. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? It does find some stuff, but when I have FSUIPC post the value for that address on the FS title bar, it's not the right variable. It changes randomly and stuff.Thanks for any tips anyone might have. I'm working with the PMDG 737.

Guest allistah

Nevermind, I figured it out. I wasn't having it search enough memory. :-)-Allistah

Guest spiliot_

Try to search 6200 to 64FF. Some are tricky ;-)John Spiliotopoulos/GreeceOAL667

Guest Salbado

I too was hoping to use PSS A320 as my airplane in my homebuilt but once I started to build out with Project Magenta, it appeared needless in that I never ever open up a cockpit view! I have a pyhusical cockpit in fromt of me! So, since all of the systems in the A320 are working form PM ABGC - the only thing I really need is a pretty airplance anf I get that from IFDG or Project Opensky. As far as my connections are concerned, I use GoFLight modules customized to an Airbus panel and an FCU that is connected tothe PM FCU. For 7 digit displays, I use a modified version of the GoGlight MCP which basically pickls up my values for AS - VS- ALT- CRS and displays them inthe FCU...the comands are being sent to the PM FCU (including push/pulls). While I don not have 100% fidelity, the simulator isabout 80% true from Startup to Shutdown. I do not have the overhead fucntional except for fuel, batteries, lights, engine start, and a few other clickable functions.The sim took me less than a year form concept to "complete" and I have over 300 hours flown...Moral of the story...who cares what the add-on guys are doing in the panels area...I think Project Magenta slays these developers if you are going to "build" a decent simulator.My 2 cents.

>I too was hoping to use PSS A320 as my airplane in my>homebuilt but once I started to build out with Project>Magenta, it appeared needless in that I never ever open up a>cockpit view! I have a pyhusical cockpit in fromt of me! So,>since all of the systems in the A320 are working form PM ABGC>- the only thing I really need is a pretty airplance anf I get>that from IFDG or Project Opensky.What do you need the outside model for? :-) You are sitting inside... All those things become irrelevant once you start flying in the cockpit - you dont really want to see *the plane you are flying* through the cockpit windows, it looks way bizarre :-)//Tuomas

Guest Salbado

Good point Tuomas! You are so right.But, after a spectacular flight, I personally like to replay my last two minutes of the approach as I sip my wine...and enjoy the landing and rollout!That is virtually the only time I see the "outside" of the plane.

Guest DeMuthOlsen

What if I unofficially said there is a project soon to be released that will give us cockpit builders these options?Those that are interested, please visit my site at www.sim737.com and register to my forum. I will announce the release from there.

Guest martias

just to say i work for new developpement of metallic panel (to help cockpit builder to do there job easily). and i m interrested by cockpit builder, because i one of yours.some exemple (only for general plane a this moment) a this adress : www.vfr-cockpit.fr (in french only for the moment)in future it will be more for cockpit builder, i think.