Sign in to follow this  
Guest allistah

Which software are the 737 cockpit guys using?

I thought I'd ask the people that have 737 cockpits at home.. What software(addons to FS2004) are you using? I've already registered FSUIPC as well so I have that already. And FS2004 of course. :-)I've heard that the PMDG is great but there are limitations with the overhead panel as well as others.So what is the best 737 software to build a cockpit around? I want to end up with a functional overhead panel, glare panel, main panel, and pedistal. Is there software that will allow me to control all of these functions with hardware? I was planning on using the IOCards system.Thanks for any information anyone might have for me.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

PM is the best without a doubt, but it seems that you find that expensive, plus you need networked PC's for it to function properly.I have the PMDG 737ng and I have undocked the ND,PFD,EICAS,CDU, which are displayed on 2 extra monitors run via 2 PCI cards. I have a matrox parhelia to give me 3 displays for outside view. This works very well for me and is a lot cheaper (but not as good) Than PM software. I also have the MCP and EFIS hardware from cpflight. From the MCP you can daisy chain extra hardware through it. Flightdecksolutions have some awesome panels, especially their new elite panels. I built my own MIP from MDF and managed to get the exact colour paint more or less, and I have just ordered the main MIP elite panels and dummy standby instruments from flightdecksolutions. Peter Cos (the owner) is very helpful and can give you some excellent advice.Keith Sandford