Sign in to follow this  
Guest CaptnKebec

Custom instrument screen

Guest CaptnKebec

Hi everyone,I'm in the beginning of a cockpit project and I want to have a separate screen for the instruments. I want to build a Cessna 172 cockpit. I've hooked two computer with FSUIPC and WideFS and tried the IFR from Magenta, it's great but it's a bit expensive. Is there a way to customize a panels and put it on a second screen just like magenta? Is there tools included with FS2004? I am a programmer, so having to type code is not a problem.Any help would be welcome!ThanksMichel (newbie)

Guest High Octane

Rickalty created custom panel fror Cessnas, and the application called FSPANEL which can be found at avsim library.Hope this help

Guest MikePowell

Michel,You can use the stock Microsoft panel on a second screen, or you can make a new one from scratch. There are several SDKs for modifying and adding to most aspects of MS Flightsim. The panels SDK is one of them. They are available as free downloads from the Microsoft Flightsim web site.If you have not seen the sim built by Tuomas (aka "Tigert") and his flying club, you should really do so. He has posted several pictures here over the past few weeks. Do a search on "Tigert" on prior posts. Their project is an outstanding example of a Cessna sim. I suspect it's what you would like to build.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.com

I'd note though that MSFS pnels though can only be run on a second monitor on the MSFS computer. He said that he was using a second computer via WideFS, and you can't run the MSFS instruments over WideFS.Arthur.... thanks for the mention of my FSPanel - I'm working on a new version of that right now if anyone wants to ask for anything they'd like to see included. (I'm already adding an indicator for elevator trim and a VOR)Richard

Guest Glenn Weston

Michel,There is a free utility called CFGedit that will allow you to build your own panel, it has limitations in that it won't allow you to work with some of the later instruments found in FS2003 & FS2004 but it's free so you can have a bit of a play without spending any dollars just yet.Once you know where you are going with things maybe you can try FSPanel studio, this is payware but will allow you to work with the later instruments found in FS2004.I used CFGedit & setup up a custom panel on an LCD monitor that I want to mount rotated 90deg, if you check out my project you can see a picture of what I did with CFGedit.It is the 5th picture down the list.My setup is using a second VGA card & monitor on the FS PC.Cheers Glenn.You can check out my Simpit Project here:http://www.simhardware.co.nz/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33

Tuomas' rig is certainly what "I" want to build..... wish I had the real Cessna fuselage to start with :-(Richard