Sign in to follow this  
Guest stevelep

connecting LCD screen to Nvidia FX5600

Guest stevelep

Hello,I've buy a 7" LCD display screen (for car GPS)the input is a yellow cinch connector. NTSC systemMy graphic card is a Nvidia FX5600 256Mb witha S-VHS output.How to connect them together ?Thank'sBOB

Guest MattOlieman

Hi Bob, I don't know how they work, but usually the electronic stores, such as Radio Shack has the S-VHS to Video adapters. Usually for a few dollars.

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

Your video card should have come with a short black lead with the connections on it. If you still have the box, have a look. If you have the box but no lead, contact your supplier to obtain one. If you have no box and no lead, contact your supplier anyway about obtaining one. This converts s-vhs sockets to phono sockets.

Guest Stephan Haas

Bob,I used this trick to connect a S-VHS output to a composite (yellow) input. Easy and cheap!http://www.overclockers.com/tips183/Next thing you might encounter is that your videocard doesn't recognise the monitor. In that case (a quote from the PM forum which I got by mail from Nico Kaan):*********************It seems to be this 75ohm problem.One word of caution. Most video cards check for a 75 ohm load from the TVto determine if there is a TV attached. These particular TV's don't provideenough of a load to invoke the card. To solve this I soldered a 10-cent,half watt 75 ohm resistor on the circuit board of the TV at the video inplug. This solved the problem as the card would then detect the TV. AnThe GefForce detecting regularSony TV

Guest Erups

Don't know Nvidia, but ATI as a simple registry key to force TVout.Maybe you can search for a similar one in the Nvidia tweaking forums.

Guest stevelep

Thank's for the infoIn the sheme you need a 630 pF CapacitorHard to find in electronic shop, seem not to be astandart value. Does 680 pF work too,Or any other idea or reference ...??BOB

Guest Stephan Haas

Bob,Had a look a mine, but couldn't make out the value. Since 630 is also a difficult value in the Netherlands and I don't recall any difficulties making the unit I guess I went for 680 as well. Kind regards,Stephan Haaswww.lemont.nl/b767flightdeckhttp://www.pic767flyingclub.com/images/sas544.jpg