Sign in to follow this  
Guest LGA

More Boeing 757 update pics

Guest LGA

Hi guys, Here are some more photos to update this great place on my 757 panel. Almost overnight I changed my mind from using wood and instead re-cut the panel out of clear plastic. After painting the result is good. I am not totally satisified with the brown, it is too light, so in the near future I will touch things up with a darker brown to more closely resemble that boeing brown. I have included some close-up photos of what I did with the PFD and ND displays. Those of you who are familiar with the 757/767 panel may notice that in the top part of these displays are what I nicknamed "holders" I'm not sure what they're called, but I gave it my best to model them. Minus the holes where the screws are attached which I will be doing in the next day or two, they are almost complete.I decorated the panel with some guage graphics for motivation :) I've still to complete a standby attitude guage. Also I have not attached or mounted anything yet. This is just sitting on a small table. I hope to build a structure to hold a monitor and attach the panel to shortly. Comments are really welcome

Guest High Octane

Dude this looks fantastic! especially the frame for ND. You must have sharp eyes, very acturate,,, For boeing brown, I use a spray paint color called NUTMEG this is probablly be the closest color that you can bet on it, Keep on working... will be on the look out for the next result

Guest LGA

Thanks Arthur. I am really trying to make those diplays look as real as I can get them to look. I'll update with photos again once I drill the holes where the screws go, and I'll be drawing up and writing a tutorial for anyone who wants to try some of the stuff I've done. I'll check out the color you recommended. My brown is too light.