Sign in to follow this  
Guest luckas

Source for 2 bit grey code rotary encoders in Australia

Guest luckas

I'm having a hard time sourcing this basic device here in Australia. Does anyone have a source for them (I'm in Perth, but am happy to mail order to Sydney etc.)Thanks,Paul

Guest luckas

Thanks Glenn,I've tried both on-line sites without success. I can't believe how difficult it is to source an inexpensive 2-bit grey code rotary encoder on-line in Australia.Paul

Guest Glenn Weston

Try giving them a call by phone, I have found sometimes they don't have items here in oz but can get them stock transferred from their other offices around the world, just a bit of wait time, but I hear what you are saying, some of the simplest things seem so hard to get here downunder.Cheers Glenn.You can check out my Simpit Project here:http://www.simhardware.co.nz/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33

Guest Raafie75

I've found that REDec is very picky about what rotary encoders it uses. I tried some off ebay that almost did the job but kept on bouncing back in one direction and you'll definately require a rotary encoder thats off in the detent position. I've been trying to source a encoder from Bourns that an australian distributor called Arrow sell. Part No. ECW1J-B24-AC0024 comes in a pack of 45 for $4.60ea. I'm trying to get a sample to try out before I commit to such a large quantity. Will keep you updated.Regards,

Guest Erups

Does farnell easily sell to private?I live in italy and they ask me for something whose english name i don't know, but anyway it's a code issued by the govt to people doing commerce, and it has something to do with the added value tax.Since i'm a private and don't have it, i can't buy from farnell.Is it so in australia too?