Sign in to follow this  
Guest CaptnKebec

VB code for radio stack

Guest CaptnKebec

Hi everyone,I'd like to try something, use VB to display big LCD digits on a screen at certain position and superpose switch and rotary controls to make a radio stack. I know I could buy radio stacks with LEDS but I want to use mostly parts I already have.My point is, I know nothing about planes, thats why I'm building a sim for learning, but I can't code a radio stack without knowing how it work!I read the FSUIPC programmer's manual and I don't have problems codings offsets but I would need helps on how to operate the stacks with those offsets.Does anyone have VB code or some guide of how to use offsets for the radio stack?Thanks

Guest High Octane

COM 1 has 5 or 6 digits. Let me clear on this, The older aircraft COM radio has .5 bandwidth, and the newer has .2 bandwidth.There are decimical point between the first three and the last two or three digits. The frequency bandwith for COM1/2 radios are 127.00 to 135.975 and they uses to communicate with tower as followed insturction or information. ( I assure you know that)NAV1 has 5 digits, and there are decimical point between the first three and the last 2. the bandwith is .5 and their frequency range from 117.00 126.95 (I think!) and they uses that radio for navigating the waypoint or intersection waypoint. ADF (Automated direct finder) I am not sure the frequency range are, but I do know that they have 4 digits and what they do is to get the pilot acknowledge from one point to another or to find the designation.ACP (audio control panel) They might not work on FS but in real life they control the volume of each panel such as NAV, COM, ADF or any radio related.There are some other panel on radio stack but I cannot determine the type of radio stack or type of aircraft you are flying.I have programmed the radiostack for my flight sim using VB6...and they appears to work well.. the only problem I m facing is the EVAC panel and hope someday I can find some solution.Hope this help

Just check out how the Cessna radio stack works in FS2004. But if you want to just make a "hole mask" radio stack where your screen is showing the digits from behind - just put the radio stack panel on the second monitor, no need for VB to do that - then put the switches on the same positions as on the FS panel..?//Tuomas

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Actually the NAV radios tune in the range 108.00 to 117.95 MhzCOM radios are in the range 118.00 to 137.97 Mhz>NAV1 has 5 digits, and there are decimical point between the first >three and the last 2. the bandwith is .5 and their frequency range from>117.00 126.95 (I think!) and they uses that radio for navigating the >waypoint or intersection waypoint.George DorkofikisAthens, Greecehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpg

Guest High Octane

OOPS!!. you are correct about freq on radio... Thanks for the correction.