Sign in to follow this  
Guest Erups

Thrust reveres

I guess both ways exist depending on the aircraft type. Check the aircraft manual :) On 757 it is definitely like Jari explained. There is also a slight delay when the reverse thingy opens on the engine, while the reverse lever is locked mid-way up (idle reverse position I guess) - and once the reversers are fully open you can pull the reverser handles even more to adjust the throttle and thus get more reverse. Though, um, I guess one needs to consider what is practical and worth the effort, but one could perhaps do this with FSBUS CCC - have reverser actuate FS reverser, but also a FSBUS switch wiht a timer of, say, 2 seconds. Now there could be a solenoid or something keeping a bolt in the way of the reverser handle, so it cannot be pulled back fully - and once the 2 seconds has passed, the solenoid pops out of the way. But then again, I have no clue if FS allows variable reverse, or if it is just max reverse thrust. I am not into the hairdryers anyway, so I havent really looked. Props interest me more. But this is what I know from the 757, what I have heard and what I think might work - in other words my EUR 0.02 :)//Tuomas

Guest jmi

>I guess both ways exist depending on the aircraft type. Check>the aircraft manual :) On 757 it is definitely like Jari>explained. >>But then again, I have no clue if FS allows variable reverse,>or if it is just max reverse thrust. And on DC-9 and MD-80 series it is same way as 757 (and 767). And as far as i know, 737 and 747 works same way.Propeller side things goes differently. Like i told earlier. I have seen somewhere that it works like it that you pull reverse levers to get negative thrust and then push to get power. Another goes just that you pull throttle levers back to get negative blade angle and same time you get more power. Like Tuomas said. Check manuals.And for FS. FS itself does not have axle for reverses. This can be done throug fox example FSBus, via FSUIPC offset. This way you get correct way working reverses. One axle for each engine reverses.Or if you are using joystick axles. With FSUIPC. There is place where you can set one axle as reverses. Only problem is that there is only one axle for every engines. For throttle there can be one lever for each engine, but for reverses one is active, rest are dummies.Or simply use switch, what is quite widely used and most easy way to do it.- J

Guest PoRrEkE

Since you're starting to talk props, let me add my system here.I have props (Fokker50).The real system is such that you have 3 "zones" of motion for your power levers.First you start at Ground Idle. Ground Idle has 0

Guest jmi

Got information that on ATR reverses works quite same way as here is described.- J