Sign in to follow this  
Guest High Octane

Q: K'nex-- Toy gears.??

I have see some of cockpit builders using K'nex toys for levelers gears. So I thought, maybe I could try that too. I have visited several toys departments around my location, and cannot seem to find any of it. Would anyone with experience know which type of K'nex box or container can I find? if not, what may be the other option you think?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Isn't that the new style Lego Technic stuff? If you know anywhere that sells (or used to sell) Lego, try there and ask.

Knex is a very nice solution but there is a problem.They are manufactured in the US and while I was searching their site,the state that they cannot and will not sell outside US. :-(Pitty... And everywhere I looked in Europe I can't find any.Lego is a good alternative but very much more expensive.George DorkofikisAthens, Greecehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpg

George,Middlesex University Teaching Resources www.mutr.co.uk has gears and much more (check "Mechanical Components" page 3, and "Primary Technology" page 3) They ship outside the UK, but packing and shipping look high.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.com