Sign in to follow this  
Guest PoRrEkE

Display splitter DIY ?

Guest PoRrEkE
http://www.backoffice.be/shop/information....=533146〈=ukIs it possible to make this yourself ?Would be handy. If I chose to add the right seat to the cockpit I could just clone the display. No need for extra pc-power.Is it as simple as it gives the impression ? Just wire 2 monitors to 1 port in parallel ?

Guest MattOlieman

Philippe, I may be wrong, but I think if you use a splitter without amplification the video signal would drop significantly. I willing to bet Mike Powell can help you with that:)

Guest High Octane

I had one of these... used forinstruction station.... This cable just would get both monitor to display samething... nothing biggie

Guest PoRrEkE

*quote* used forinstruction station */quote*what ?

Guest PoRrEkE

used for instruction station !aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! :)sorry didn't got that at first :(great to hear.you think it's possible to make this splitter yourself ?is it just wire 2 female connectors to 1 male ?

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

It is possible, but then you'd have to note the following points...1) Both monitors must be able to display the resolution etc else one will work, the other won't2) Windows may try and detect both monitors, not sure how this is solved...3) With the above point, the monitor sends a signal back to the card, identifying itself etc. You'll need to place a diode so that the signal doesn't bounce back to the other monitorAs for amplifying, most splitter cables I've seen don't have one, so you could get away with it

Guest High Octane

Phillpe, My spacebar on keyboard is bad... so sorry for mistyping... Yes you are correct " for instruction station" :) you can just create (like I did once before ) or buy VGA spilter from somewhere. And can be good to use ONLY on low resoulion application, just like my instruction station application I created. In other words... It ll just kill the color if you are running FSXX or any other high graphic programs.KVM would be your best betGood luck