Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pittsburgh

Diagrams

Guest Pittsburgh

Ok, with the initial questions out of the way regarding the needed hardware, I have a question that may seem stupid, but nonetheless: Are there any tutorials on, say, how to wire up everything to make a frequency display (say with a 5 segment LED display, a rotary frequency adjuster etc.)? I am not a novice in the world of electronics and I realize this will have a steep learning curve.Thanks,Pittsburgh

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

It would mostly depend on your choice of interface hardware, as all have different hardware setups and approachesTell us what system(s) you intend to use, then we can help :)

Guest Pittsburgh

Hi, Well, I am not quite sure about that yet. I find the idea of a USB card quite compelling, but when push comes to shove, I guess it will most likely be a question about economy. I haven't been able to find any prices of the IOCards, where as I have an idea what the price of FSBUS will be. Any ideas?Thanks,

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

They're about the same if you buy the boards pre-etched, with components. Depends where you get them from, and how you go about it.

Guest PittsburghII

Ok, I think I am going to go with the IOCards. Does that alter the initial question about tutorials and/or diagrams?Thanks,Pittsburgh

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

Not really, just gives us an idea of how it's all structured.One thing you will have to bear in mind is what hardware you want to use in your sim, such as the MCP, pedestal etc. Then you work out what components are used, such as rotaries, leds, switches etc. Then you need to work out how many boards you will need to interface them.The opencockpits site has some useful tutorials for making rotaries and panels, and various other sites will give you tips as well.Once that's sorted, you can look at working out a diagram to show how it all fits together. If you think of other things to add, just put them in as you go.Hope this helps