Sign in to follow this  
rickalty

General Aviation IFR panel updated

I've uploaded a revised version of my GA IFR instrument panel to the library. I've added a VOR / ILS instrument, and an elevator trim indicator. http://members.aol.com/rickalty/FSPanel.gifThis panel should be handy for anyone making a GA type cockpit, you can build an old laptop or a monitor into the pit and free up your main FS computers monitor(s) for view(s).As before, this can be run over WideFS by any computer capable of running Windows 95 and uses no OpenGL or 3D acceleration. I am running it on a PII 133 with 16MB of RAM and a 4MB video card.In 800*600 resolution, the instrument panel is full screen.Those who asked me for some other stuff like the radio panel... now I can get on with that :-)Richard

Guest PoRrEkE

And after that maybe my engine panel :DLove your work !

Guest aspnet

Just wondering...Has anyone developed a Heads Up Display (HUD)using similar programming expertise for the B737?I've done a search on the AVSIM Library and found a few panels. About five have a HUD integrated into them, but not a stand alone .exe.My ideal would be to have a small B&W monitor behind my head, and a long lens throwing a revesed B&W image onto a piece of glass infront of the windscreen.Alternately, swing an old overhead projector LCD panel down in front of the pilot and look through that? That may be better come to think of it.I don't think it needs 3D programming to draw lines?:-hmmm