Sign in to follow this  
Guest Totti

Rotary in FsBus, please help!

Guest Totti

Hello,I'm using FsBus and FreeFD. The Software of FreeFD is installed on my second PC, also FsClent.Everything is running fine.Now I want to install a rotary in my EFIS to manage the rangerings on my ND (10-20-40 etc)The rotary have 12 pins outside and 1 pin inside.How must I connect the rotary to the FsKey (which cable)?After I have connected them, I want to tell them the events for FreeFD.How can I do that?Please help,kinds Thorsten

Guest Erups

12 pos rotary should be connected this way:common to one of the fskey commonsfirst connect together pins1,5,92,6,103,7,114,8,12then connect these four groups, to four inputs in sequence on the fskey card.

>12 pos rotary should be connected this way:>common to one of the fskey commons>first connect together pins>1,5,9>2,6,10>3,7,11>4,8,12>>then connect these four groups, to four inputs in sequence on>the fskey card.Yes, but he does not want this. What you described gives a rotary encoder -like switch that increments a value when turned clockwise etc.In this case one needs N-position switch that outputs a different value or keystroke when moved to each position.The switch usually has a metal "tab" that you can adjust to limit the number of steps the switch can move. So if you want 4 positions, put it so that it moves 1-2-3-4 and then the tab stops it from moving further.Then wire the center wire to a common ground signal (the fsbus KEY card has the "ground" pins common for each "row" (8 pin pairs) - you can see this from the back of the key module - the ground pins are the ones that are *away* from the diodes.So wire it like this:G-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o... < key card row1-2-3-4-o-o-o-o-o-o-o.... . . . . . . . . . . ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !... < diodes. . . . . . . . . . .1-2-3-4 are connected to those pins that the switch uses. This gives you basically 4 momentary switches of which one just "stays" on at once.You want to *uncheck* the "down event" checkboxes and just check "up event"'s so that when you move the switch to position 2, the switch "2" turns "ON" and emits a key sequence (for example "K+A;d50;K-A" for "Up" event. Nothing for down event as we dont want to mess with those - when you turn the switch to another position, you dont care where it *was* (down event) but rather where it *goes* (up event).Do this for each switch and define suitable key events that the freefd uses to switch the range stuff..I hope this helps, ask more if I wasnt clear, it is pretty late and I must sleep now :-)//Tuomas

Guest Totti

Many thanks, you helped me a lot. It works now. But I still have problems with FreeFD and FsClient.I read the README of FsBUS and configured my FsClient.ini for FreeFD.But it doesn't work.I configured my ND with "N" in the FsClient.Ini.Now I want to make an event on the ND by switching a button on my EFIS.I want, that the airports are shonw on the ND.I put this string in Keyboard-Event in FsBUs.WN;K+ABut nothing happens on the ND. Only when I have chosen the ND with my mouse and then switching the button, it works.---> So FsClient can't find the ND to make the event.When I look to the string again, I only read K+A, -WN- is away.Can anybody help me, please?Regards,Thorsten