Sign in to follow this  
Guest Delta767300pdx

MY flight control system ... in theory.......

Guest Delta767300pdx

Hello ALL,this is my flight control system I have disigned and have almost compleatly built. I wanted a cheep way of having twin conected yokes and colums, this is a drawing of my design. let me know what you think, its simplisticly simple, well besides having to build it :)I'll post a pic later of what I have donehave fun and keep simmin!

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

Hmm.... You might want to strip the joystick, otherwise using the setup you have there you'll end up with a very small range of movement on the joystick. That will be enough to give you very bad judders if you calibrate it as it is.... Try linking the cables to a gear on the joystick pot or something, it will increase the range of movement :)

Will the PVC be stiff enough?Beware of torsion forces in the design. Perhaps a aluminium tube will be better.Indeed , strip the yoystick, to use the whole range of the pot is very important.

Guest PoRrEkE

Maybe try doing as I am doing here..If you plan to keep using the joystick afterwards:Remove from the joystick only the interface print. So not the pots. Hope for you the pots are not mounted on the print.I removed the print from my sidewinder precision 2 and have wired the pots to new and took the wires outside the joystick to be connected with a flatcable connector. Now I have to do the same on the print but with a male connector.Then build new pots into my sim and wire those up to another female connector.After all this done, I can chose. Connect the print to the joystick or connect the print to my cockpit.Quite good recicling of option. :D