Sign in to follow this  
Guest PoRrEkE

Survey > what type of cockpit would you REALLY chose ?

Guest Delta767300pdx

Well, I love the 767, and if I had the room I would build a full scale cockpit and part of the cabin to "entertain" in, For now a smaller version of the 67 will sufice, it will probably look like a 757, size wise. I'm thrild simavionics has come up with a really awsome throttle set up for fairly decent price...thats what got me on this project..I was going to do a 737ng but I didnt want to settle on something this big and time consuming. as for the cabin part. sure be fun to have sceanery out the windows as your brewing coffee in the frt galley! thats really the dream part....:)

Guest Dodiano

Try viro_online@hotmail.comRoberto

Guest LGA

At one point I was tempted to start an A320 project. Reason one and the most important was because of all the available stuff, even freeware glass displays. On a lighter side, I really like the Airbus altitude call-outs. But my love is with the 757 that I am working on at this point and I know that I would have never been happy unless it were a 757. Were it not the 757, I would have gone for an MD-80 series aircraft, and not only would this one be a complex panel to begin with when one thinks of all the analogs stuff in that panel, but there is virtually zero accesories being marketed for it.

Guest PoRrEkE

Hoho .. don't go there :(MD-80 is on the FDS list! Also if I'm not mistaken the yoke is for sale somewhere in a replica.Try Fokker 50 ...........:(

Guest LGA

lol!! It's on the list, but where are the parts? :) I really do like the look of the MD80 panels, especially the ones with glass guages for the engine guages and PFD/ND. Ok, now let me go to FDS, haven't been there in a little while and who knows, maybe they got MD stuff.............I just checked Phillipe, and they mention a movie and a link, does anyone know where that link is? I'm really curious to see what an MD80 cocpit project could look like.

Guest FokkerSim

So why did i choose the Fokker 70/100. There are a few answers to that. First one was that i just like the plane especially the 70, second I'm a chauvinist, and I'm from the Netherlands ;), and the third one was that nobody did it. Im currently getting along nicly with my project. I had to make a few compromises due to budgetary reasons, but none the less I'm happy with it. Yesterday was another step in the direction of a fully enclosed F70 Pit. We build the shellframe. The Yokes are ready and linked, the Throttle Quad is nearly finished...... and sadly I'm still waiting on my ordered FSBus system....Sorry for you english speaking people but my website is still in dutch only, I started to translate it, but i'd rather build on my cockpit ;)Regards, Gert Polkerman http://www.buildingasim.tk http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/84392.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/84394.jpg

Guest PoRrEkE

I've checked MD80 flightdeck on airliners ..Looks rather buzzy & messy I think :sI tend to prefer the clean looking ones. Though not at all the empty looking ones like airbus! Those are like a picasso painting compared to a Van Gogh ...If you'd ask me which cockpit I love most: 737NG.Cant help it but I think it looks clean, not empty though (airbus-empty gives to much away that it's not you flying but the computer)And what I love most 'bout 737NG is the combo of:nice gray + little white + little black + little red .. and than: the purple LCD's !! Awesome!

Guest kdfossum

I chose B744 and I still would have even if no panels or anything was available (I think). I chose that even before I knew if anything was available.I chose B744 because it's a big aircraft. To me size matters:)To be in control of something that big gives me a great feeling.Regards,Kevin

Guest kdfossum

Funny, I've thought about the same thing, building a small part of the cabin, and perhaps end the cabin with a curtain, so it looks like it continues.Very cool, didnt think anyone else thought about the cabin part of itRegards,Kevin

Guest kdfossum

To each it's own taste. I really don't like the MD-80. I never have and never will. It's just a really odd airplane and everything is completely backwards and hard to work with. I work with an MD90 at work, and it's mine and all my coworkers least favorite aircraft. We call it the Mad Dog. I don't understand what they were thinking when they built that thing.Just my opinion.Kevin

Guest PoRrEkE

Anyone saw the program on the MD crash of the Alaska on NGC ?The airliner chose to put 400% longer time-gaps between maintenance of some parts and they chose not to replace 1 part ... the rivet controlling the horizontal tail fin. No back up for that rivet exists (design error cuz this fin is a crusial one and if you lose it .. like these guys .. you're finished).Thread from rivet got used up to the max, the thing got jammed, the pilots chose to try to solve the problem and were using 2 motors to move the trim, the thing got loos completely and vwala .. 88 people dead.Not a pilot error for sure .. they couldn't have known. It's a design error in the first place I think, made very much worse by the airliner neglecting to put greace on it and to replace the part in time.Sad sad SAD story !

Guest kdfossum

That story was all over the news here, and the plane was supposed to arrive here in the city as well. Yes indeed, very sad. I had a coworker onboard that plane.

Guest PoRrEkE

It's a small and cruel world so I see.I knew that things like this (neglecting to maintenance) happens often in Russia but I could never imagine that western airliners would dare to take such risk!It makes you wonder ..When we travel by plane we go to a travel agency. They arrange our flight. We don't get to chose what airliner we take (unless we organise the entire trip ourselves) .. most of the time we take something rather cheap. Then we can't chose which type of airplane we get to travel with. My sister flew on a 727 to Tunesia once .... in her place I wouldn't have felt very safe ...727 has a good rep, I know .. but they are getting old now and in the hands of some weird airliner ...Oh well .. stuff happens right ?

Guest kdfossum

I agree. I've grown pretty picky about what airline/aircraft I fly. I would fly Alaska though, this one incident aside, they do have a good reputation for being a great airline, and hopefully they will face out all those old aircrafts soon.I used to fly SAS alot in Norway, and they fly alot of MD80-90 series aircraft, but finally come to their sences and facing them out and replacing them with smaller airbus and B737s.Old planes are ok, as long as the airline takes good care of them, but when you fly alternative airlines, names you havent really heard of and you end up on really old DC9, MD80, 727 and 737-100/200, I really wouldnt feel safe.The russians are really coming around though, but I dont know how I would feel about flying on a Tupulev or any other russian built aircraft.Honestly when I fly, I perfer to fly new airbuses. Airbus is my all time favorite airliners to fly. Last time I flew SAS A340. What a beatiful aircraft and so comfertable. I'm excited about the new 7E7 too.Airbus planes have weird noises though, the hydraulics sounds odd, but that's just how it is. I feel completely safe on airbus. One reason is I know how strict Europeans are with safety. More so than Americans.Regards,Kevin

Guest PoRrEkE

Dito here on the 7E7.Curiously waiting for seing a 380 taxi by, but to be honest, I think once you've seen it up close .. that's it.However the 7E7 .. now that's something! FINALLY airplanes will start to look more aerodinamicly shaped. Bring out the dolphin airplanes! In a way this seems revolutionary but remember the Super Conny ?? :DOn the "nose jobs" .. I still have to say that my favo nose is the 737/727. That's just sweet. Airbus does indeed look weird. But then again only the 32* series. 33 and 34 are way better.