Sign in to follow this  
Guest ASibley

Low budget cocpit

Guest Lucky

Hi Folks. Due to a masive head on colision with a careless truck ,My income was cut to almost nothing.My dream of having my own cockpit for my pc had left me using my artistic ability rather than my bank card.I had no choice as to build out of junk ,old stereo switches and stuff, and what ever else was available around my house at the time.My landing gear lights are even on a time delay which I built out of an old CD drive assembly.My Joy stick is made of a MS Force Feedback2.I removed the potentiometers for the throttle and twist, and they are mounted in my throttle assembly .Im using a 9 pin cable to connect between the two.The forces all work.What a difference in the control as opposed to the old desk top designe.I had to eliminate the buttons,but what the heck.Well worth it.The forces are turned on and off by a push button switch in the handle.The panel itself is 1/4 plate aluminum.Wood was scarse at the time.My throttle is a CH throttle mounted in the assembly.The switches all operate the ATC. No more mouse or keyboard clicking.The unit is also mounted on slides so it can be pulled out to fly and pushed back for my family to use the PC.Nothing is modeled off anything.Just what I came up with to make things practical for others to use, and enjoyable for me to fly with.My CH rudder pedals are recessed into the floor.I plan to rework them with realistic looking pedals and properly spaced.This has been my first attempt while broke and on heavy medication during my recovery.I still have a long way to go.For those who would love to have a better flying experience.Dream it and you can build it.OH ya easy on the drugs LOLSee pics below.Lucky

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

Ah, so that's why you're called Lucky ;)

Guest LGA

That's pretty darn nice for something that was done while on medication! Congrats!