Sign in to follow this  
Guest botten

[IOCards]How to connect LCD?

Hi,Does anybody has an LCD working on their IOCard (www.opencockpits.com)? I'm trying to connect an 2x16 LCD Display to my master card (on J2 connector), but want to make absolutely sure that i'm doing it right... So here's some questions i'm having: 1) What is the pin layout of the output connector J2? Is it the same as with the input groups, eg pin 10, 20, 30 and 40=gnd, pin 1 = output 1, pin 2 = output 2, pin 3 = output 4, pin 4 = output 3, pin 5= output 7, etc? 2) I've found the next statement in iocards forum at www.opencockpits.com: The circuit connects to 6 exits anyone of the masters in such a way that it is formed of the following way: Exit (pin1) --> RS Exit 2 (pin2) --> E Exit 3 (pin 3) --> Data Bit 4 Exit 4 (pin 4) --> Data Bit 5 Exit 5 (pin 5) --> Data Bit 6 Exit 6 (pin 6)--> Data Bit 7 GND (pin 10) --> RW The LCD must have a compatible controller with the Hitachi (very many LCDs of the market is it), and is them of many models, all of them compatible with 8, 16, 24, 64 Columns and of 1, 2 and 4 Rows with and without retroiluminaci

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Have you tried posting this question on the forums at www.opencockpits.com? You'll probably have a better chance of getting an answer there than here about issues with IOCards hardware and software.-Jaime