Sign in to follow this  
Guest nauwa

At last a flightdeck to work on

Guest nauwa

For years I have planned to build my jetliner simulator, the major difference from most of you other builders is that my sim is housed in a caravan to let me take it with me on airshows, exhibitions and so on.This summer vacation my family bought a new caravan to live in, and I finally was able to start the sim building in our old caravan.Total available space inside is 2x4,70 meters, and I use half the length for the cockpit. The other (back) part of the caravan will be needed for a small pentry, 2 beds and a instructor seat.I have earlier shown on this forum the construction of my dual pedals, and I will as soon as I get some time left publish all on a web site. But I was eager to show what I have done so far.Enjoy the pictures and please comment as usual.PS. The temporary cover of the windows is to prevent daylight from disturb the sceneryprojectionBest RegardsJohan Nauwelaertz de Ag

Guest PoRrEkE

Briliant :)I was just thinking again a few days ago to ask here if anyone had ever thought of building his sim in the back of a trailer or some sort of van. Here it is :)I would love to have mine in the back of a truck. Then whenever you move house, you don't have to pack anything from the cockpit. Also as you say you can take it on demo-tour to airshows and I could take it to lan-meetings from FSCB. Last but not least: no parents nagging 'bout it taking too much space in their home !

Guest nauwa

Hahaha Last but not least: no (parents) Wife nagging 'bout it taking too much space in (their) our homeJohan