Sign in to follow this  
Guest jan737

Offset for the LSK (CDU)

Hi all,I'm busy with the setup of a hardware 737NG cdu.I'm looking for the offsets for the 1 to 6 LSK for the CDU.I'll connect them to the fsbus key pcb so that I can use it with my PM software.Please with a example.Kind regards Jan Geurtsen

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

From the PM site-docs-fsuipc offsets------------------------------5428 CDU "Keyboard Interface" (2 bytes)low byte, ascii characterhigh byte shift = Bit0, Ctrl = Bit1, Alt = Bit2 ... other bits must change if you have two same characters after the other.... (period) = 190/ (slash) = 191+ (plus) = 107DELETE = 46CLR = 8The space key is not supported for the time beingThis can be used to write characters to the scratchpad of the CDU and to manipulate the LSK and function keys - FX keys from Ascii 112+(X-1)------------------------------------------I use the cdu sw on a seperate pc. So I use a different setupLSK leftI = ctrl F1 etc tillLSK right6 = ctrl F12With the latest builds of the sw you can change them to nonused keys of your kb (via the ini file or direct via the sw)I use cursur up-down and numpad 0-9.So now it is possible to use a hacked keyboard or a hagstrom (KE24) encoder.Off course you can send keyboard events via FSBUS. But why difficult as it is possible via an easy way.norberthttp://home.wanadoo.nl/norbert.bosch

From the PM site-docs-fsuipc offsets------------------------------5428 CDU "Keyboard Interface" (2 bytes)low byte, ascii characterhigh byte shift = Bit0, Ctrl = Bit1, Alt = Bit2 ... other bits must change if you have two same characters after the other.... (period) = 190/ (slash) = 191+ (plus) = 107DELETE = 46CLR = 8The space key is not supported for the time beingThis can be used to write characters to the scratchpad of the CDU and to manipulate the LSK and function keys - FX keys from Ascii 112+(X-1)------------------------------------------I use the cdu sw on a seperate pc. So I use a different setupLSK leftI = ctrl F1 etc tillLSK right6 = ctrl F12With the latest builds of the sw you can change them to nonused keys of your kb (via the ini file or direct via the sw)I use cursur up-down and numpad 0-9.So now it is possible to use a hacked keyboard or a hagstrom (KE24) encoder.Off course you can send keyboard events via FSBUS. But why difficult as it is possible via an easy way.norberthttp://home.wanadoo.nl/norbert.bosch

Hi NorbertThanks for the quick reaction.Ok the lsk is working now.But another question is how to control the legs, deparr, hold prevpage, nextpage etc. buttons?Hope you can help.Kind regards Jan Geurtsen

I made a mistake in my explanation above.I did it by head and mixed up the LSK's and the special function keys.From the docsF1-F12 are the LSK 1L to 6RINIT-REF (1st top row) = ctrl-F1FIX = ctrl - F12I see several solutions1You could make a key assignment via FSBUS, for the combination CTRL-F1 etc2Change these combinations via the CDU.INI file or via the software itself (it is somewere in the menu under maintenance) to:cursor up-down and numpad 0-9and then again make a kb assignment via FSBUS3 (the way I do it)Only if you use the CDU sw on a client PC. Do not use fsbus, but use a simple hacked keyboard or a hagstrom encoder after you changed the assignments as in (2). norberthttp://home.wanadoo.nl/norbert.bosch