Sign in to follow this  
Guest rahulsh

Started my 737NG

Hi all.After nearly one year of assimilating information from this forum, I have finally commenced on the construction of my 737NG sim. Here are two pictures of the MIP and Pedestal created from wood (all parts of my sim will be hand built...), one with the FMC display attached. I will now commence on the MIP and MCP, with hopefully backlit panels. I created my FSBUS cards already a few months ago. I would like to thank all of you for all the information provided through this forum, which made it possible for me to start my sim. Special thanks to Frank Bond (www.737flightsimulator.com) for his document on creating the MIP base... Hey Frank, looks quite neat and simple.Rahul SharmaNew Delhi, India.vt737ng@yahoo.comhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/85700.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/85701.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hey! Looks great and it looks like you're off to a great start! How long did it take to make all that? What kind of wood are you using? What do you plan on using for the gauges and stuff?

Thanks, Jamie.I am using standard three-quarter inch ply boards for the structure and half centimeter plywood for the MIP, which are commercially available. This took me about two days to make, with help from my carpenters. The good part about bulding in India is the cheap labor... This would have costed me about Euro 25 for two days of professional help!!! The boards (I used two boards of size 6 feet by 4 feet - pardon the non-metric dimensions) themselves costed about Eur 80 or so. In effect, this entire structure has costed me just about Eur 100.The planning part definitely helped, since I printed out the full main panel and pedestal jpegs.I will now cut out the MIP guages - and for now use FreeFD. Once I can afford it, I guess I have to go for the PM Glass Cockpit. I plan to create my own panels, but they are in experimental stage and I will go for more of the cheap professional help available in India.Take care.Rahul SharmaNew Delhi, India.vt737ng@yahoo.com