Sign in to follow this  
Guest mikekruger

hi there, thinking about building a simple cheap and modular cockpit

hi folksSo far, all I've done is to have a PFD displayed by a computer networked to the one running flight sim.I used the 737 free glass panel and fdsconnection.since most GA aircraft now come with the option of glass displays instead of steam gauges, this is what I plan to implement in my cockpit.I will probably need one more computer and two monitors to display more external views using wideview. In the future I'm planning to have another glass display-depending on what's available for free and compatible with fdsconnection-on my old laptop. My cockpit will actually be just an instrument panel, under my desk, and the monitors displaying outside views on the desk. I plan to possibly build a front-end which will go in front of the monitors displaying glass panels. I have a few steam gauges and possibly will acquire more, and those will also be installed just for show.I also plan to integrate some switches.I have an extra keyboard and I'd like to adapt some rocker and toggle switches to trigger the keys. I have read about the 'continous key press' problem when activating a switch connected to the keyboard and a few solutions to it, but it seems they all involve building rather complicated circuits.I was wondering if any of you has actually adapted rocker or toggle switches to fucntion with the keyboard and how they did it.thaks for any suggestionsMike

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!