Sign in to follow this  
Guest SHORT360

Cheap Rudder Pedals

Some month ago I explained how to make cheap and robust rudder pedals using a fitness device called "stepper". Mine is inspired by those devices.I did find today in my local Sport Store a new kind of stepper. It's called "the Balancer".This one is very close to the mechanism of real rudder pedals and costs about 40 dollars. You just have to dismantle it at the base and fix it with the right angle onto your cockpit floor. Add a small mechanical link to a 100K slider pots and you get the best available, metallic, hydro dampened rudder pedals on the market.RegardsRogerhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/90059.jpgAnd here could be a big deal as regards Eaton (Korry like) switches.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...bayphotohosting

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You may also get the oil damper as parts for about 6 $ each.Such kind of oil damper gives unique feeling for all control axises, roll, pitch and yaw.Combined with an heavy stepper motor ( available used for an other 50 $) linked via Iocard, Fsbus or Phidget to the trims outputs you will add for very few bucks, state of the art, force feedback professional controls into your cockpit.RegardsRoger

Thanks Roger.What about the toe brakes with this?Also, I notice you are in France. Wondering whether these are available in US? thankssri

Toe brakes can be added. Just add some simple pedals find in electric store in the upper part of the pedal. I just did put two heavy switches on both pedals. They are for sure available in the States. The one shown on the picture are made in China. It seems to be a new trend in fitness devices."Balancer" is a brand name. But I did find it on internet with the key words " Parallel Stepper " or " side Stepper ".But the best is probably to ask you local sport shop.Cheers,Roger