Sign in to follow this  
Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

FSBUS & FSUIPC offsets

Greetings...First phase of small home cockpit completed. Too bad I don't a digital camera to show you some fotos.Custom made MCP in 737NG motive, pedestal with both COM, both NAV and transponder.During my first test flights, always with the default 737 panel while waiting for ANY good panel to support FSUIPC control, I encountered some issues. Not really problems, just issues.1.One is that even though I send the correct value to the correct FSUIPC offset to turn on the APP mode on the autopilot, the (default crappy) autopilot just captures the Localizer and simply ignores the glideslope no matter what. It's like I had engaged the VOR/LOC mode instead.2.While waiting for Dirk to provide a software solution for setting the transponder properly, did anyone manage to set the transponder with the present version? And how? I use two (2) rotaries, but can also use one rotary per digit (4).3. From time to time, while I change a value, the displays display wrong data. If I continue to change the value they will resume to the correct value. I have assigned all my rotaries to output to both FS and the displays directly to enable fast update.For example when changing the com1 frequency, the display may show 118.00... 119.00...120.00...021.00 and then on next turn resume to 122.00.Anyone else noticed any of this?Best regards,George DorkofikisAthens, Greecehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>1.One is that even though I send the correct value to the>correct FSUIPC offset to turn on the APP mode on the>autopilot, the (default crappy) autopilot just captures the>Localizer and simply ignores the glideslope no matter what. >It's like I had engaged the VOR/LOC mode instead.Maybe it's just that: wrong command?Did you use the default provided APP switch or did you setup your own?>3. From time to time, while I change a value, the displays>display wrong data.Same for me.I think it's up to Dirk to resolve this.Speaking of which: have you heard from Dirk recently?

>>1.One is that even though I send the correct value to the>>correct FSUIPC offset to turn on the APP mode on the>>autopilot, the (default crappy) autopilot just captures the>>Localizer and simply ignores the glideslope no matter what. >>It's like I had engaged the VOR/LOC mode instead.>>Maybe it's just that: wrong command?>Did you use the default provided APP switch or did you setup>your own?I used the entry provided by FSBUS. I checked with the FSUIPC SDK and it's the correct offset with the correct value (Sets 1 to h0800).It's probably a panel/FS issue. Just wanted to know if others get this behaviour too.>>3. From time to time, while I change a value, the displays>>display wrong data.>>Same for me.>I think it's up to Dirk to resolve this.>Speaking of which: have you heard from Dirk recently?Yes, but as you know he works on FSBUS on his free time.George DorkofikisAthens, Greecehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpg

>Yes, but as you know he works on FSBUS on his free time.Sure, it's just that i emailed him about a couple issues back in july and haven't received an answer...I once got to know he was in holiday, nothing more...So i asked if he had gotten back ;)

1.Add to app switch two FS destination1-FS.standard.Ap. AproachHold2-Fs.standartAp .GligeSlope.hold2No probs with Transponder here with two knittersone for Integrer one for fractional3As to radious when turning the integrer knitter i getting round vaues as 180.00 --and so but with fractional knitter i can adjust any correct frequencyRegards