Sign in to follow this  
Guest mad_schatz

FSLED Help Needed !

Guest mad_schatz

Hi Everybody,I'm building up FSBUS system. I finished FSCOMM,FSKEY and FSLED.FSCOMM and FSKEY boards are working with no problem. I can flash FSKEY PIC and succesfully passed the test.But I've problem with FSLED. My problem is, I can't get enough voltage as an output for LED. I'm always getting 1,13 volts as an output. Can't get 1,5 volts as an output voltage. Without this everything looks great. I did the voltage test for PIC. Everything looks perfect but what ever the reason is, I can't get enough voltage. Nearly I changed every component, except 47uf condanser. Can it be the solution of my problem, I don't know.Does any one have any ideas ?

Guest Erups

You shouldn't be measuring voltage with a tester, it doesn't mean anything.The FSLED card (as many others FSBUS cards) works with a scan-matrix system: full voltage is applied only for a fraction of time to each device (led), then to the next, and so on.This system is used when you have a certain number of data lines and you want to manage a greater number of devices: you just arrange the device in a matrix, where the data lines are arranged in rows and columns.This means that if you take a normal tester and read voltage, you're reading the medium power, not the peak.It's the peak you're interested in.Anyway, just mount the FSLED as per the instructions, hook up some leds and test it with the software interface.It's perfect, i had it working for years now and even tweaked it a bit ;)

Guest mad_schatz

>Anyway, just mount the FSLED as per the instructions, hook up>some leds and test it with the software interface.>It's perfect, i had it working for years now and even tweaked>it a bit ;)I did test it with the test software. But no results. The led which should turn on, stays calmly OFF.While I was fooling around the card, I realised something. In the FSLED there are 8 pieces of 100k resistors. If I direct connect without those resistors, leds are in function. If I use, these leds malfunction. So the important thing I see is, my FSLED board works. It applies the voltage to the true place which I mentioned in software test. But the led does not light up because of lack of voltage that is I'm suspecting on.Any other suggestions ?Mad Schatz

Guest yoss

HiI think those resistors have to be 100 ohm --not 100kJust replace them with correct value

Guest mad_schatz

>Hi>I think those resistors have to be 100 ohm --not 100k>Just replace them with correct valueAs I checked, I realised that I did used wrong resistors. You are right YOSS . I'll changed them ASAP and inform you about the results..Thanks for All.....Mad Schatz

Guest mad_schatz

Hi There !I would like to excuse. Because I had done a big mistake and used 100k resistors instead of 100ohm.So today I changed every wrong resistor. Now my FSLED works perfectly.Thank you all, especially YOSS to you.

Guest Erups

>Thank you all, especially YOSS to you.Hey that's not right! :-madYoss just happend to be online sooner then me!Hey i deserve my thank you too! :-madHe he :-lolJust jokeing man ;)Enjoy your new FSLED card :)

Guest yoss

No probs . Claudio--u can take all credits ,:-)

Guest Erups

>No probs . Claudio--u can take all credits ,:-) No, that's not valid!It's him who has to shift his thanks to me instead then you ;):-hahCome on, let's stop this and find somebody else to help, together maybe ;)P.s. i'm a little psychotic, so next time you better leave me as Master of Help! HA HA HA:9