Sign in to follow this  
Guest rprather

Mike Powell's Book

Guest rprather

First of all, let me say that this is a 100% unsolicited message, and Mike knows nothing of it :-)I received his book "Building Simulated Aircraft Instrumentation" and have been reading through it since I got it. I am very impressed at the level of technical detail that is represented. And it is presented in a manner that is very easy to understand.The format is such that, if you are attempting to build a specific instrument, you can turn to that chapter and see how to construct it step-by-step. That is WAY easier than having to read through an entire book to figure out how one task is done. The techniques are easily used for other areas of the aircraft, and clears up a lot of issues such as servo interfacing. Plus associated control code is included :-)I am very happy with the purchase and look forward to Mike writing more books (maybe, Building Complex Structures), to help us all build our shells, MIP frames, and cast our knobs, etc :-)Roberthttp://777Simulator.com

Guest Erups

Hey!I've been out just for a few days, and haven't heard of the book till now!Can't believe it still hasn't become this forum's bible :DAm gonna click the buy button in a few!

Guest High Octane

Now it have my attention... I guess I am going to buy one for myself. :)

Guest dbaux

I'll second Robert's thumb's up. The book is chick-full of great techniques, links, sources for parts, etc. Well-written, and it doesn't spend half of the book explaining things cockpit builders already know. HIGHLY recommended.Dave

Guest rprather

>I'll second Robert's thumb's up. The book is chick-full of>great techniques, links, sources for parts, etc. >Well-written, and it doesn't spend half of the book explaining>things cockpit builders already know. HIGHLY recommended.>>DaveI like that about it too... Much more efficient than having to read an entire book before you can successfully make 1 instrument :-)

Guest SHORT360

Dear Mike,The book came in today. Amazing!!!!!!!!Simply Amazing!!!!!!!Congratulations, it is a great usefull book. With my kind regardsRoger