Sign in to follow this  
Guest SHORT360

IOCARD USB and Windows 2000

Guest SHORT360

It seems that there is an issue when using IOCARD USB EXPANSION with Windows 2000.It seems that it is the default USB driver. Does anybody habe an experience and -who knows- solution?ThanksGreetingsRoger

Guest sri777

Yes Roger. Currently USB expansion card works on XP only. Yes it is due to the native HID class that the USB card software depends on. I ran into the same issue and there is a detailed discussion about this on IOC message board (http://www.opencockpits.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Forums&file=viewtopic&topic=302&forum=1) and http://www.opencockpits.com/modules.php?op...pic=424&forum=1Currently there is no known solution. You may still use the master card by connecting it directly via parallel port though. Or upgrade to XP.-srini

Guest SHORT360

In the while it seems that there are some nex HID drivers able to work on Windows 2000. I did the following:1. I connected the card. 2. Card was not recognized. In the System Config I had a new line with an unkown USB card with the famous yellow -?- sign.3. Then I clicked update the driver. I clicked on the Windows Update option.4. Windows Update find a new HID driver and installed it.Now the card is recognized as a USB User interface and seems to work. But in the while I noticed that my Master Card was not working anymore, neither on LPT nor on USB.Before that new attempt the card was working on LPT fine.I am exchanging some mails with Manuel directly. Very strange. Thanks for the replyRoger

Guest Ferdie

A new firmware is tested for full compatibility with all operating system.This new version of firmware has been tested with USB.ORG quality test.

Guest SHORT360

Hi Ferdie,Must one then change the Chip, or is the USB card flashable??GreetingsRoger

Guest Ferdie

USB microcontroller is OTP.You need change chip.