Sign in to follow this  
npbosch

FSDisplay Question

I have some questions on fsdisplayI compared the pcb layout of the display3c board in the FSBUS COM III.pdf page 7 with the fsdisp3c.jpg (in the fsdisp.zip). I noticed these 2 are mirrored to each other. The latter is from the componentside so this makes reason. I saw pictures of the complete boards and that looked the same as the schematics. Also if I use a gerberviewer of the file 3c board it is mirrored to the fsdisp3c.jpg(component side)But if I compare the lower part of the same pic on page 7 with fsdisp8d.jpg I see that these 2 are the same. They are not mirrored??On the pic here you see the lower left of the picture on page 7.I draw the segments on the pins. If I look at the layout of the used 7segm leds (conrad 14-65 50-88 see page 6 or the pic below), I can only conclude that the layout on page 7 is the copperside of the pcb just as the 3c board above. But then the fsdisp8d.jpg is not good (should be mirrored). The fsdisp8d.jpg(component side) is also the same as the gerber files of this board which AFAIK now is impossible.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/95543.jpgBut if the fsdisp8d.jpg(component side)should be mirrored then the pics I have of the real boards make no sense. The connection should the be on the right side?? But perhaps this board is a redesigned pcb.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/95544.jpgA long story, but it is confusing to me as I am new to electronics. Can anybody shed his light on this?RegardsNorbert Bosch

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Forgot to ask one thing. Can anybody tell me what the red lines are in the pic above. I put a blue line around them.Is it just a simple wireconnection preventing the board to otherwise becoming a double sided board?

Perhaps I found the answer myselfhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/95550.jpgA pic of the copper side of the board. It is the same as the gerber file.Then indeed the fsdisp8d.jpg is not right (has to be mirrored).The pic above I have of the real board should then be upside down.If you look at the leds at the right way the cable should be on the right side.Can anyone confirm this.

>Forgot to ask one thing. Can anybody tell me what the red>lines are in the pic above. I put a blue line around them.The whole image should be flipped on the X axis.The whole FSDISP card (containing 6 controllers) is oriented in a way that the FSBUS connector is in the up-right corner.The red lines are "bridges", wires routed on the component side to facilitate routing on the copper side.They relay the signals from one controller to the other.You can leave disconnected for the controllers you don't use (say you use 4 of 6).>Is it just a simple wireconnection preventing the board to>otherwise becoming a double sided board? I think this is not actually how to say it, but more or less should be it.As for your other problems, please forgive me but i got lost: what exactly is the question?

As for your other problems, please forgive me but i got lost: what exactly is the question?---------------------------------------------I was confused comparing al the data I had on the fsdisp8d board. I only could get the point if the fsdisp8d.jpg in the fsdisp.zip was mirrored. It says it is the componentside, but in fact it is the copper side. You more or less confirmed this. SO now I think I start to understand it.ThanksNorbert