Sign in to follow this  
Guest Salbado

FS Aircraft With No Cockpit Panels

Since we are building actual flightdecks and do not need any panels rendered in the simulator displays, is it possible and if so is there any advantage to removing all Panels, (VC and 2D) from the FS9 Aircraft...and running with just the Model and Sound? Can it be done or will the sim not work if panels are not present? Can you turn them off so they will not suck up any video resources?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I removed all panels, 2D and VC, which are in fact absolutely not needed. I just have the air file, sound files and model file with few texures since I do really not care at all about aircraft view.You will free a huge amount of CPU and GPU load. RegardsRoger

Press "W" and the panels will disappear! Nice and easy! Great for a clear view!

But "w" does not clear the memory and FS will still be running with underlaying unneeded bmps and gauges.RegardsRoger

>But "w" does not clear the memory and FS will still be>running with underlaying unneeded bmps and gauges.Hi,Yes, but in case you make a 'situation' with the 'W' key pushed twice, so FS comes up with no panel, the gauges and bitmaps will not be loaded until you press 'W', so no memory is occupied.regardsAndras