Sign in to follow this  
Guest fullington99

My new switch / rotary panel

Guest fullington99

Well my switch panel is pretty much done. I decided to build a fairly generic setup - I like flying a wide variety of aircraft. Interface boards are Betainnovation's Gammaray 64 and Cyclotron. Thanks to Leo for all his fantastic help and great products. All functions are hooked up and programmed thru FSUIPC and Betainnovation's Keyboard Studio.Construction is plexiglass. The lettering is sandwitched between two sheets of plexi, and was printed on my large format inkjet (Canon S9000). Dimensions are 18in wide x 4 x 4 - its designed to fit in my keyboard tray space. The flap switch is spring loaded monentary up and down (center off), and the gear switch has to be pulled out to be switched up / down. On the right end are recessed push buttons for pause, esc, and parking brake off.There's a lot of nice work going on out there, and while mine may not be 100% realistic to a particular aircraft, I'm pleased with the results. Next project - wire up my throttle quadrant that came off a DC8... but that will be another story!

Guest steku

Looks absolutely professional! All these nuts in orderly lines! You definitely like to work on details.Great for flying small two engine plane like Cessna 310!P.S.I wonder why you decided to have separate knob for OAT?P.P.S.Do you already have a radio stack? If it extis could you share some photos with us?

Guest MikePowell

Very nicely done! Thanks for posting the picture.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.com

Guest fullington99

Hi Steku - thanks for your reply! The OAT knob is for setting temperature on the airspeed dial for true airspeed. Yes, I figured if I covered twins I could use it for singles, but it would also have a fair amount of what I needed for heavies too.No radio stack yet. That's a bit of a story. I have some remote radio heads off of actual aircraft. I've spent a lot of time mapping out the pinouts from these, and understand how to "calculate" the frequency being set - and displayed in the mechanical display window. (The "codes" are BCD, BCD Complement, Grey, etc.) So now my task is to build the computer code that would do the calculations and pass them on to FSUIPC. This might be a bit over my head, so I'm also considering building a more traditional display. I've also got a 10" touchscreen I'm using for the GPS. I've made a dual concentric push knob that I'll mount in the right spot over the display. Touchscreen handles the remaining buttons. Probably finish that next, then the throttles. Also on my list is an MCD panel for the heavies.Happy siming!