Sign in to follow this  
Guest JTWhite

Toggle switches

Guest JTWhite

Can anyone here give me a lead as to where I can find toggle switches - momentary, I suppose - to use to start building my overhead panel??ThanksJohn Whitenewburgh, INhttp://jtw737.mysimflight.com

Toggle switches that send a momentary pulse but stay in the position you've flipped them to are hard to find. Much easier to use a regular On-Off or On-Off-On toggle and an interface card that just generates a momentary pulse when the switch state changes.As an example, I use Leos USB interface card with his Keyboard Studio software, and when I flip, say, the Landing light switch to "On" it sends a single "L", and when I flip it to "Off" it sends a single "Ctrl-L". I then just assign those in FSUIPC to "Landing Lights On" and "Landing Lights Off".Richard

Guest JTWhite

Thanks for the reply....Now, what's a "leos card"???john

www.betainnovations.comThe cards are made by Leo Lavava, who's site that is, but any board that works in keyboard emulation mode would work the same.With boards like FSBUS the general principal is the same - send one command one make and another on break - so you don;t need momentary switches.Richard

Guest fullington99

Depending on your project, you may end up using a fair number of these. My current project has about 20 - so I tried to get them cheap. You might try American Science & Surplus - www.sciplus.com. They have toggle switches (and a bunch of other stuff), but also have a "switch in time" 10 switch grab bag that, when I ordered it, contained atleast some toggle switches. Also www.allelectronics.com. Parts Express - www.partsexpress.com has Part Number 060-085 - single throw, single pole for $0.65 each. Do some searching and you can save some money. Disclaimer - I'm not affiliated with any of these sites - just passing on information from my searches for hardware.Good luck on your project.

Guest Raafie75

I just bought 50 on-off mil spec toggle switches from and gentleman by the name of Bob Andrus of Colorado (United States). They were only US$6.00 and are extremely high quality. You can contact him at bob.andrus@gte.netJust let him know that I put you on to him and he should do you a great deal.Regards,Brad HellerNewcastle, Australia.