Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ferdie

ON-737 Beta 1 is available

Guest Ferdie

Our friend Alberto Beaterio has already released the software ON-737 (beta 1) for X-Plane.In this initial version you can use the PFD, ND, EICAS, MCP and the radios, each one acting with the specific flight profile of the Boeing 737-800.Very soon the version for MSFS, and modules including systems, overhead, instructor and FMC. You can download from www.opencockpits.com

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Great news!I don't have XPlane but I can't wait for the MSFS version!Then, I may need to change my hardware, but what the heck... it's justthe MCP!Thanks for your efforts.George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

Guest SHORT360

@ Georges,I would not wait and switch directly to X-Plane (despite its poor sceneries). Furthermore if you have a NG panel. IOCARDs allows direct access to all variables of X-Plane and I heard that some are trying to convince Dirk to get FSBUS compatible too.There a lot of weak points in X-Plane, I admit, but from my modest point of view, X-Plane flight models are playing into an other league than MSFS. Regards@ Manolo,Hola, I wrote already to Rafael and I dont now how to contact Alberto Beaterio.I was so keen about the release and unfortunately Beta1 does not allow the use of "Old Efis" layout ( "Y" one) as does Project Magenta. I have an older Efis panel ( like B737-300 to 500 ). All instruments needed are present into that version, but there is no way to change the layout. I cant wait to get ride of MSFS and reprogram my cockpit with X-Plane, but without the good instruments as the Project Magenta one, I cant. Saludos e muchos graciasRoger

>There a lot of weak points in X-Plane, I admit, but from my>modest point of view, X-Plane flight models are playing into>an other league than MSFS.Then again, there are pretty good flight models for FS as well. What matters to me is the whole thing - we have just too much too incredibly good sceneries available for Finland (just see http://www.fsnordic.net/discussion/index.p...&threadid=30422 for example) - the flight models are still good enough for what I fly - The C310 from Dreamfleet is very nice, the Archer from the same guys is also excellent. And RealAir C172 is pretty okay. Sure, flaws exist, but as a whole, I just cannot find anything that as a whole works as well :-/We have about 90% of the landclass and shoreline redone highly accurately as well - one can navigate 100% with a VFR chart.. Just too much goodies to put to waste :///Tuomas

Guest SHORT360

Tuomas,I perfectly agree with your reasons keeping MSFS regarding all sceneries.But are two things.MSFS fligt model is sterile, and when it comes close to the real thing in terms of performances and system management, you may, tuomas, admit as a real pilot, this sterile behavior.X-Plane has a dynamic flight model, no comparaison at all. I had to switch with regrets to MSFS when I decided to build a cockpit, because Xplane had lots of lacks on that side. Now it is going better.Download a demo and make a test.As regards scenries, recently came out a payware plugin for X-Plane allowing the use of any pay or freeware FS98 to 2004 "ADD-ON" sceneries. I havent use it, cant say how it works, but did read amazing reports about. http://www.fsimp.com/Take a look at it. Last thing there is also a freeware panel software called Xpanel.exe, which is close to the Magenta General Aviation software and which would fit perfectly the C150 of your club. http://www.x-plane.info/x-panel/I cant use it since my cockpit needs T- Style Efis not yet available and that's why I am so keen about Alerto Beaterio's work and hopefully future expansion that way. RegardsRoger