Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heather 636

Test Pilots Needed with FFB and "Floppy" Ducks

Guest Heather 636

I think I may have found the solution to the erratic behavior of the Duck that some people are experiencing.I just had a friend test my theory and it worked for him.Set aside whatever "alternate" air file you are using and put back the one that came with the Grumman J2F-6 Duck package.If you have force-feedback and are experiencing the "floppy-duck syndrome", place this in your aircraft.cfg file:(forcefeedback)gear_bump_nose_magnitude=3000 ; 0 - 10000gear_bump_nose_direction=18000 ; 0 - 35999 degreesgear_bump_nose_duration=250000 ; in microsecondsgear_bump_left_magnitude=2700 ; 0 - 10000gear_bump_left_direction=35500 ; 0 - 35999 degreesgear_bump_left_duration=250000 ; in microsecondsgear_bump_right_magnitude=2700 ; 0 - 10000gear_bump_right_direction=00500 ; 0 - 35999 degreesgear_bump_right_duration=250000 ; in microsecondsground_bumps_magnitude1=1300 ; 0 - 10000ground_bumps_angle1=08900 ; 0 - 35999 degreesground_bumps_intercept1=3.0ground_bumps_slope1=0.20ground_bumps_magnitude2=200 ; 0 - 10000ground_bumps_angle2=09100 ; 0 - 35999 degreesground_bumps_intercept2=1.075ground_bumps_slope2=0.035crash_magnitude1=10000 ; 0 - 10000crash_direction1=01000 ; 0 - 35999 degreescrash_magnitude2=10000 ; 0 - 10000crash_direction2=9000 ; 0 - 35999 degreescrash_period2=75000 ; in microsecondscrash_duration2=2500000 ; in microsecondsNote: Be sure to replace the parenthesis on the "Forcefeedback" with brackets before pasting this into the cfg file.Please come back here with feedback as to the results.I am hoping this is what the problem is and that I will be able to add a new cfg file to the upcoming patch in a few days.Thank you.Heather

Hi Heather,Hate to bust your bubble but that didn't work.I always check the aircraft.cfg of a new plane to see if the force feedback section is there or not. With the Duck it wasn't so I pasted in the section from the Cessna 208 before I even flew her the first time, which matches what you suggest to add.I use the Microsoft Force Feedback 2 and W98SE if that helps find a common problem area.I'll be happy to test any other ideas you may have.Thanks,Pepe

Guest Mirage

Heather,That "Force Feedback" section you were refering, is for ground "feeling" only. It has nothing to do with the forces acting to the joystick while flying the aircraft. In various planes, lacking that section, you experience a strong shaking at the beginning of the take off run, and as you build up speed, and especially when you are airborne, the joystick becomes normal. Force feedback while you fly the plane, has to do with the FDE. Falcon 50 had a similar problem, although to a lesser degree, and was fixed. Don,t ask me how though!! :-)Andy

Guest Heather 636

Oh well. Don't know if you don't try.Thanks for giving it a go guys.Heather