Sign in to follow this  

Windows XP

HiSomething different for the Gurus out there.I have Windows XP Professional and I have deleted a program (Photoshop 6.0) instead of removing it via the Add/remove programs in the control panel. When I go now to the Add/remove section, the program is listed there. Is there a way you can remove it?

Hi Stelios,There is, but it'll just be a cosmetic removal. You'll still have a lot of files left on your system that PS installed such as in your Program Files, Win and Sys dirs. There are a ton of registry entries it'll leave behind as well. It might be best to reinstall PS, then uninstall it from Add-Remove.But if you just want the entry gone in Add-Remove, you can find them all here:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstallIn your case, it'll probably be listed as:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstallAdobe Photoshop 6.0You might want to check in HKEY_CURRENT_USER as well, depending on how you installed and the Windows version you are using:HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstallAdobe Photoshop 6.0Good luck,Elrondhttp://members.rogers.com/eelvish/Boycott-RIAA.gif]"A musician without the RIAA, is like a fish without a bicycle."[/font://http://members.rogers.com/eelvish/B...cle."[/b][/font

Thanks Elrond I will try it tonigh. If I use the EasyCleaner will it remove all those other files that you mentioned?Take care and thanks again

Hi,Reinstall the application at the same place then remove it.Longbow