Sign in to follow this  
Guest bones

New Dash-8 Gauge crash...............

>Do you have an aviation diploma on Dash 8 - 300 ? >>I've sent my Dash 8 (during development) to 2 Dash-8 pilots, >and they did not have any single problem flying this plane >! >>ha ha ha. >>P.S. Read the doc :) OF COURSE real Dash-8 pilots would not "have any single problem" with your panel! They already know the procedures, and also don't have to read the tiny labels! :)Indeed, it is a very well developed - and complex - panel, and may well qualify as one of the most authentic made to date.Sad to say though, even though I have >10k hours of multi-jet time in my logbook, and am certificated on both Merlin III and Lear 45...after 3 hours of trying to read the miniscule labels, and faithfully following the 'sample flight procedures' displayed on a secondary monitor, the only thing I accomplished was (a) getting a massive headache and (:( *not* getting the engines started!Five other *real* pilots here at St. Gregory House were likewise unsuccessful.We even tried displaying the panel bitmaps on a third monitor, so we could *magnify* selected portions and read the durn labels... :)After clearing all items on the checklist up to the point of starting the engines:Engine 2 to "Normal"Select Engine 2Click on the Starter buttonWait for N1 to spool up to > 19%Click above the right condition lever , near the START&FEATHEREngine will continue to spool up to 22.2% and then stop advancing. There is no ignition.I really would like to get to at least get a test flight! :(

Just in case you thought that I was refering to the Dash-8 as weird looking: no! :) 1280X1024 resolution makes all planes look bad on my screen :-lol

No, i do not have a check out on the Dash 8. However much i wish i did. The only 3 planes i know how to fly completely at this point are the c172, pa 44-180, and ive had 35 hours sim. training in a king air Be200, so i do know the basics on how everything works. I was just making the statement on how hard this plane is to fly. Im getting used to it though. I only graduated in june so i am far from what youd call an experienced pilot. The point i was making is that anyone with no flight training at all would have a very difficult time with it. IM going to change my resolution as suggested and keep playin with it. Now all i need for it is a Jazz repaint! Thanks for the replies. Its still the best plane i have. LOVE ITCheers GUys and GIrls

Well.After much playin around and torturing myself to no end. I have successfully flown the aircraft with no hitches. I did a trip from cyqm to cyhz using both autopilot and handflying and shooting two ils approaches. The first landing sucked i will admit, but on the return flight,it was a beauty. I never read the manuals because they bore me and frustrate me cuz i cant find the proper buttons anyways. SO i just turned on everything i could, made all the warning lights disappear, found out what everything does, and now i can fly it no trouble. Thanks for the help everyone. So i guess my two years of training came in handy lol. Now i just gotta find a job and fly the real thing. Happy landings everyonecheers!

Guest bones

No, the problem isn't confined to XP. I had it with WIN98.The solution was posted elsewhere - don't rename the installed aircraft's directory!bones