Sign in to follow this  
Guest sebastianmaguire

New Cockpit Idea?

Guest sebastianmaguire

Ok, I'm sure this one has been thought of before but I've been thinking of how to build a decent cockpit that would cover both the boeing & airbus airliners.Could I hook up 10 Screens (Inc. 4 Touch Screens).The windows of the aircraft would be covered by 2 wide screens in front with one wide screen followed by one normal screen to each side.Then 2 "touch screens" below the front two for the windows that would incorporate the MCP and all the instrument panels. (you could touch the gear handle down etc.)Then 1 "touch screen" length ways above the front windows to be the overhead panel (all buttons touchable to operate etc.)Then 1 "touch screen" length ways below the front 4 screens to be the center console (throttles can be moved by touching screen etc)Then 2 chairs either side of center console, joystick or yoke depending on airliner.In this way, you could fly both the airbus and the boeing quite realistically without having to change panels. On top of that, the whole thing shouldn't be too expensive with the price of screens coming down and down (except those expensive touch screens perhaps).Someone tell me its nuts.Sebastian

I think it will work fine, and the bonus would be that it would be very easy to fly all kinds of different aircraft.//T