Sign in to follow this  
dnunes

FS 2000 hangs!

dear friends,although FS2002 is well introduced in the FS simmers world, I still prefer to fly with FS2000 instead. The reason of this choice is mainly due to some missing airports in Italy, and the RAM of my computer (128MB) that is not sufficient, in my opinion, to obtain straight flight quality with FS2002.Since I installed an AMD Athlon 1700 , FS2000 hangs at least once each day..the screen freeze with the sound still roraring..I would like to receive from you a suggestion to resolve this trouble...may be the RAM is not sufficient to support the troublesome FS2000 with a processor of such good characteristics?thanx!kikko

I'm still using FS2000 as well. I have plenty of memory, but a slow processor as compared to what's available today. I hope to be upgrading my PC soon to accommadate FS2002. I have two sound cards installed. One is a Creative SB Live card where my external speakers are connected and the FS sounds go through, and the other is an older Vortex card where my headset is connected. I use the headset for voice communications when flying online with VATSIM. When I ran the main FS sounds through the SB card, I got the same lockups as you are experiencing. Then I switched the connections around between the two cards so that the external speakers were connected to the Vortex and the FS sounds were running through it, the problem was solved. I would try a different sound card.Hope this helps.LawrieVATSIM CALLSIGN: TELCO1

Guest gasebah

What OS are u using?I would suggest a complete graphics card driver uninstall ( delete all registry settings from tweakers and stuff, use detonator destroyer if you are running ME or 98), before I would do anything else. (Did it for me, I had the same problem a few days ago.)If the problem presists, lower your Ram timings, or try to run e.g. Cas 2.5 instead of Cas 2.If you have a SB card, there were a lot pf problems reported in relation to FS2002.Alex

I have a much less powerful machine then you have (AMD's K6 at 450MHz,128MB memory). Under FS2000 I had the same problem you report: very frequent hangups, with the sound still running. I tried many suggestions, it sometimes seemed to get better, but I would always have the same problem.Then I installed FS2002 and hangups WERE OVER! I think that FS2002 is much more balanced in the use of system resources. I manage to get a reasonable compromise between graphics resolution and frame rates, which are normally better then they were with FS2000.Regards,