Sign in to follow this  
Guest B52Drivr

Even the Best Equipment needs maintenence.

Hi all,I was flying last night, and finaly noticed that my landings wern't just as good as they usually were . . . now mind you, I've done this for a long time, both in real life and sim's, and it was as if I had lost the ole hand-eye-corid, or something. For some reason, rh banks were really terrible. After thinking about it for awhile, I decided to dig into the yoke and have a look see.This is a professional AETI yoke, very well made, with about 1500 hours of use on it, and like everything else in this world, I guess it required a bit of help. I noticed that a few allen head screws needed tightening, and readjustment on the reostate, (moved it to a slightly different position to get away from the wear marks), and a general oiling and clean up.Put it back together this morning, fired up FS2002 and smiled. Was back to usual 'greezer' landings with no more feel of slop or non precision flying.Just goes to show you, no matter how good your equipment, hours of use, In this case 1500 or so, take their toll . . . maintenence is a necessity . . .now, that makes you really think of all the real aircraft out there run by outfits that don't stick to the rules on maintenence . . . Best to allClay

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!