Sign in to follow this  

GeForce 2 GTS 64MB card Driver Question

I still have and old system by standards but it works and is paid for so I keep using it. I am currently runing the 21.83 driver set with my GeForce GTS 64MB card but lately my water textures are not appearing smoothly. I sometimes get squares in the ocean of blank texture until I get closer then it fills in. Anyone know which current drivers I could use that my card is capable of taking advantage of? I am reluctant to play the driver game with all the new drivers when my card is old and probably not capable of using all the new software that is now being released.KenGateway AMD Athalon 900 MHz Windows 98SE637 MB PC133 RAM64MB NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS 21.83 DriversSoundblaster Live Digital Audio Boston Acoustics BA735 Speakers & SubWooferGateway EV700 17" Monitor CH Flight Yoke USBCH Rudder Pedals USBDual SunCom Throttles(One throttles, One props)Signatronics SPO22 VOX Transcom ICS System W/Two David Clark H10-13HXL Headsets

OK; I admit it. I don't tinker with anything till it's broke. I'm running a PIII800 with the GTS 64 Herc and am using the CD drivers. Version 5.16 and they work perfect. FS2002 has never been so good. Geez; these drivers are just about as old as I am. But, they sure work great. Every sim I've ever tried works great with em' and the pic quality is excellent.

Guest Milio_B

I always update my drivers, and never had a problem with any of them. In fact, with the new 40.41 drivers I experienced some SRIOUS boost-up in performance in my PC. I couldn't handle all settings maxed before on my P4 1,5 with 256 RAM. Not that's not a problem at all, at high res and in full screen mode too. My card is a GF 2 GTS 64 MB too :)

Guest Eagle92395

This is completely off topic, but did you get the pedals to work ok MGDBOTTLED? Sorry guys, didn't want to start a whole new post over a one word reply though :)

Eagle; haven't tried yet. Still waiting for my new computer with XP to arrive. No sense hooking it up to my old faithful Win 98 Dell.

Guest Coneman

Hey Ken,I have a TNT2 32mg card and am using the 29.42 drivers. Saw an improvement over the old driver I had (12.something?).I was wondering, would your card be a cheap and worthwhile upgrade for me? I don't want to spend a lot of bucks.Thanks,Todd

Todd, I am completely happy with my GTS card. Weather it is a good upgrade for you I have no idea because I don't know how your card is working on your system vs how well the GTS card would do. I really have not had any trouble with my GeForce2 GTS 64MB card, until I started playing the driver game. Now I am back to the original 12. something drivers that came with my computer and it seems to work fine except I get some dll error everytime I reboot the computer. Can someone post a link to a place to get all these drivers? Ken

THE NEW Drivers are the best thing that's every happened to my GeForce2 GTS 64MB card!!! I'm finally getting "smooth" frames, althoug I need more v-ram to display all the textures correctly!STRONGLY RECOMMENDED.Sincerely,Phil Geddes

Thanks Guys! The 29.42's did the trick! I now have a much more fluid display and my frame rates now stay at the locked 19 where as before they would drop to 14-16 all the time. I guess now it's time to start bringing those sliders up till I choke it up again. Seriously I think it is noticably smoother now.http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...25b2aaaa7ec.jpg