Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heather 636

Grumman Mallard Repaint - Bush Flying Unlimited

Guest Heather 636

G'Day!I have uploaded the repaint textures for the BFU Mallard and it has since been brought to my attention that somehow I had forgotten to include the Read_Me/Installation Instructions with the zip file.I will include them here; see below in bold print.With Gary's blessing, I also included the new model files so that the reflective textures will work. I toned down the alpha on these so that it doesn't look like it has 12 coats of buffed wax on it. Shiny and clean, yes. Terminator Mallard, no. I would have done more with seam lines and the like but was unable to find any close-up photographs to help me on that; sorry guys.http://ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?D...ther&CatID=RootHope you like it.Cheers!HeatherThe Read_Me info that SHOULD have been with the zip fileThese files consist of textures and the replacement model files necessary for the reflective textures to work. They are for Gary Davies Grumman Mallard.Note: Before you write me complaining that the windows are not clear, keep in mind that this aircraft is still in the "beta" stage and that their not being clear is not of my doing. I have been assured by Gary Davies that they will be when the model is finishedINSTALLATION:Unzip this file to a temporary folder.Move the texture folders into the Mallard sub-folder in your FS2002 Aircraft folder.Copy the text in the Aircraft text file into the Aircraft.cfg file in the Mallard folder. Where it says flightsim.X, change the X to the next number in sequence for the various schemes you have installed for your Mallard.There is nothing about these files that can harm your computer, but by downloading and installing them you accept full responsibility for any consequences.These files are released as freeware. They may not be distributed for cost or modified without the authors permission.Heather Shermanpharoah42@eritter.net http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d78ae484d4ab2eb.jpghttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d78ae734dbf58bc.jpg

I can tell you are really worried about those windows !! Don't worry they will be done straight after the turbine version - although that is a way off yet. Just thought I should mention the other members of the team - who are FSAviator (FDE) & Dave Haskell (Panel), since I would not want to take credit for their work !!!I have to say (again) that it looks fantastic.....Many thanks,

Guest Heather 636

Hi Gary,Thanks for the kudos. I am now working on a promised repaint of the Beech Baron 58 "Big Red".When I am done with that, I will do another of the Mallard in the "Star Spangled" theme as on the Duck.Also, to everyone in general, I uploaded a corrected zip file that has the aforementioned, missing text files.Cheers!Heather

Hey Heather ,I am Just So glad you do not do Jets or I would be out of the job :)You are Really Great what you do and Have even Got me flying Aircraft older than a 747 :)Seeya soon Anniette xxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest Heather 636

Why thank you Anniette!! Coming from you I regard that as a VERY high compliment because very, very few people do repaints as well as you. You're one of, if not THE, best.No worries hun, I'll leave the jets to you.Cheers!Heather xxxxxxx