Sign in to follow this  

VUSAF Stands Up 9th Reconnaissance Wing

On behalf of the Virtual United States Air Force, it is my sincere pleasure to announce the opening and operational stand up of the 9th Reconnaissance Wing (9RW) based out of Beale Air Force Base, California.Initially the 9RW will be composed of:1st Reconnaissance Sqdn (1RS) who will be the basis of specific U-2 Speciliazed Undergraduate Pilot Training, and Mission Oriented Training (MOT) for the U-2. This squadron will be flying the T-38 Talon and the U-2ST (a two seat trainer variation).Upon graduation from the SUPT/MOT for the U-2 members will be transferred from the 1RS to the 99th Reconnaissance Sqdn (99RS) for operational status.The 9RW is tasked with Tactical, Operational and Strategic Reconnaissance missions from peacetime through the full spectrum of armed conflicts. In addition to this Reconnaissance mission, the 9RW is tasked with providing imagrey and intelligence information in support of Humanitarian, Search and Rescue, and Environmental missions.The 9RW is headed under Colonel Ryan Watkins, VUSAF who carries with him the experience as a real world assignment in the USAF to the 9RW.Please join me in welcoming the 9RW and wishing Colonel Watkins the best of success in his endeavour.

I live close to Beal. Sacramento. What are the requirments? Website?-Glen Lewis :-kewl g.lewis@email.it

Requirements are a simple checkride during application, then completion of a formation flight training course (for this wing proficency and training flights use the T-38) then assignment to the 9RW for Mission Oriented Training, or Specialized Undergraduate Training in the U-2ST and finally active assignment to the U2.visit: http://www.vatsim-unaf.org/newphp/vusaf

Thanks I will look into it.-Glen Lewis :-kewl g.lewis@email.it

Thanks. I will look into it.-Glen Lewis :-kewl g.lewis@email.it