Sign in to follow this  
Guest LSangiovanni LIML

"RE: FSMeteo causes runway changes...." Follow UP

some threads back Seba posted......this is exactly one of the greatest features.you have to select 'lock destination" left in the main menu.Then you have to enter your destination airport in ICAO code and the weather will be "locked" once you're within a certain range to your destination airport.The default is 60 miles,but you can alter to your own liking in the preferences.So if you have it set at 60 miles (which is the best etting IMHO),the weather that's currently at your destination airport will be transferred to your present location and will not change for the rest of the trip to the destination airport...I decided to try "Set Airport Destination" feature and locked LOWL METAR when about 100 nm. from the airport. After that, once at about 50 nm. called ATIS which reported 27 as Rwy in use.A bit later FS2002 vectored me for a visual approach to Rwy 9 (i double checked ATIS again while 10 nm. from airport and Rwy in use was always 27). When i contacted LOWL tower she asked me a left downwind (as usual!?!) for Rwy 27.ATIS= correctTOWER= correctAPPROACH= crazy people!!!So, what i have to do? How is this possible?Thank you all for helpingLuigi ;-)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!