Sign in to follow this  
Guest airfresno

Air Fresno Update

Guest airfresno

I'm not going to make a habit of this (posting twice in a week) but I would like to update our progress here at Air Fresno.The webpage is now 99% complete, we're just going through and making minor corrections as we go along. All of the airlines aircraft are now available through the website and all of the completed features have been tested. I have added AFI Cargo, basically the cargo arm for Air Fresno. Right now my staff and I are still selecting the routes for the cargo division, and two of the three aircraft for AFI are also available on it's page. While a Grand Re-Opening date has not been set, I am pushing for an opening just before Christmas (to take advantage of all the new flightsimmers that will be flodding the VA lists). We are taking applications at the site, anyone interested will be welcome. Stay tuned to AVSIM for further breaking news.Peter McKay, PresidentAir Fresno Virtual AirlinesAir Fresno International (AFI) Cargohttp://home.earthlink.net/~airfresno/

Guest airfresno

How about this for quick action...gotta love that Board of Directors...November 25, 2003 - Following a sooner then expected web page completetion Air Fresno has released it's Grand Re-Opening date for January 1, 2004. The New Years Day date is expected to be a quiet cause for celebration, a fly in is being planned among it's active pilots. Air Fresno President Peter McKay says "We've carefully looked at our web page and determined that what we have is going to be good enough to get us open and flying, we'll continue to fine tune as we go along". Also scheduled for early opening will be AFI, Air Fresno's cargo operation company. AFI has set on just having two aircraft, both Airbus selections and a slightly reduced route plan. "AFI's Boeing 747-400F was ultimately dropped because of it's complexity and how it reduced frame rates in flight, particularly on landings". Plans to add a trans-pacific capable aircraft are being considered.Also being added as part of the Air Fresno Group is McKay Executive Charter Airways, or MECA. MECA is a Hawaii based charter company using Mitsubishi's MU-2B turboprop for sightseeing and point to point transportation. MECA won't be open right away, operations will begin in February. A link has already been placed on the home page for Air Fresno's web page for those wanting information on it.http://home.earthlink.net/~airfresno/ ..oh yeah...we're hiring pilots. :)