Sign in to follow this  
Guest ScottSherman

Announcing the New West Express!

Guest ScottSherman

Hello!I'm pleased to announce that West Express is restructuring in an effort to bring more simplicity and refinement to the airline. Our preliminary plan is drawn out below. After several months of trying to make the old structure work, I came to the realization that I simply don't have time with college. So, instead of just walking away, I thought it would be better to simply redesign the airline to work around my schedule. We will be offering a lot of automated services that will allow the staff to plan more fun events instead of counting hours. With that, here is the new plan:2006 Q1Begin OperationsHubsLos Angeles International Airport (LAX/KLAX)FleetEmbraer 170 (GE)Boeing 737-700 (CFM)Boeing 737-800 (CFM)Boeing 757-200 (PW)http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/5323/fleetform1hd.jpgServiceOur intial operations, as noted in the previous release, will be based in Los Angeles (also the location of our corporate headquarters).We are also in primary planning stages of a regional division using Bombardier Q200s and CRJ-700s. More information will be released when it is available. Along with this would come the opening of a focus city (possibly to be developed into a full hub) in Seattle, Denver, or St. Louis. Service from this focus city would be in addition to added regional service from Los Angeles.We have reached a deal for in-flight entertainment systems featuring XM Satellite Radio and DirecTV to be installed in our entire domestic fleet. These will feature individual AVOD devices for each passenger, with continuous live feed across the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Feature films will also be available.Our aircraft will be equipped with a First Class section featuring 41" pitch all-leather seats. Service will include complementary beverages and meals during standard meal times and/or on flights greater than 1.5 hours. We will also have an Economy Class section featuring 33" pitch all-leather seats, with complementary non-alcoholic beverages and a snack. A full meal will be offered on flights greater than 2 hours during meal times only.Initial Routes (dep. LAX)Albuquerque, NM (KABQ) (4x)Calgary, Alberta (CYYC) (4x)Chicago (O