Sign in to follow this  

Dash 7 problem

Guest Andrew

Hi for some reason I cant switch between the ADF and VOR settings on the NAV2 indicator, as I need to use the ADF can anyone tell me a good way to do this.Andrew.

Hi, I hope I understand your question correctly. There are 2 needles on the gauge so you don't need to switch. Just make sure you have the radios tuned correctly and it should work just fine.Hope this helps.

Guest Andrew

Yes that is the problem but it makes no diference if ive got the ADF or a VOR2 tuned in, What I am looking for Is a switch like all the other planes in MSFS have to switch between ADF and NAV2 on the main panel VOR/NAV" indicator to the Left of and right next to the NAV1/ILS course arrow.Please help. Thank you.Andrew

Well Andrew I'd like to help but sorry to say I am still a little confused as to what exactly you are trying to do here. Can you give me an example of an aircraft that has this ADF/NAV 2 switch? I had a look at a couple and I don't think I see what you mean. Unless you mean like on the 737? The Dash7, is an older aircraft is not equipped with this style of gauge. You can still get the job done though and get to where you're going.Here's another try at sorting this out. In the pics I am sitting at CYTZ Rwy 08.Nav 1 is tuned to 114.50 MANS 45 miles away at 324

Guest Andrew

Thank You Brian but ive got it now Andrew

Brian:How do you set the heading in this aircraft when flying with the AP.?ThanksAlan

Use the knob with the orange triangle located at the bottom left of the HSI. In the pic above it's the one just above the caption for nav 1. It's a bit hard to see in the pic but there is a heading "bug" that points in the direction you have set. (in this example it's pointing to North)

Guest Milton

Please everyone take a look in the Panel Folder of the Dash 7. There is a large Main Panel Information map in jpeg format that points out all the Dash 7 panel functions.Don't forget to check out the NavZoom popup and the Radio Stack Popup. The Dash 7 panel uses the Standby Frequency methods just like the defaults. Enter the freq, then switch to active.Also, please visit the Dash 7 website for a list of known problems and FAQ's. http://flightsimonline.com/faqsThe Documentation folder has some very nice help and technical articles that may also interest you.Thank you :-)Milton

Heheh, I get forgetful answering questions at 05:44 am LOL. :-doh I should have also added Heading and Course adjustments can also be made via the digital readout on pop up radio panel. (look in the bottom right corner)