Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heather 636

For Heather, Duck Question

Hi Heather,A very quick question if I may. I have downloaded the Murphys War re-paint for the outstanding Duck, well done again to you all the duck team.There is no readme file so I did not really understand what to do with it after it was unzipped. I copied it to the Duck folder within aircraft/FS2002, where I saw the other texture folders.However when I come to the aircraft selection screen in FS2002 I can not find any version of the Duck with the Murphy War colours, all the other textures are still there, but not Murphy War.Have I lost the plot here?, advice please, thank you again for a great aircraft.RegardsPeter.

Guest Heather 636

By gosh, you're right Peter!My apologies. I tend to get a bit scatter-brained sometimes.Here are the instructions:Good luck! HeatherINSTALLATION:Unzip this file to a temporary folder.Move the texture folder into the Grumman J2F-6 Duck sub-folder in your FS2002 Aircraft folder.Copy the following (bold print) into the Aircraft.cfg file in the Grumman J2F-6 Duck folder. Where it says flightsim.X, change the X to the next number in sequence for the various schemes you have installed for your Grumman Duck.[fltsim.x]title=Grumman Duck-Murphys Warsim=grumman duckmodel=panel=alt2sound=texture=murphykb_checklists=grumman duck_checkkb_reference=grumman duck_refatc_id=N4242Hatc_id_color=0xff000000ui_manufacturer=Grummanui_type=Duckui_variation=Murphys War (Panel A-2)description=The Grumman Duck, or Navy J2F-6. The first was XJF-1, a Grumman amphibian that first flew in May 1933. From then, up to and through WWII a number of them were built ranging through series JF- and J2F. atc_heavy=0atc_airline=atc_flight_number=33587

Heather,Ah dear lady I am in your debt, thank you for the instructions all is now well.As an Englishman you have no idea how much pleasure a "Mount Kyle" Duck gives one. Your other textures are, like the aircraft itself, outstanding. However there is only one "Mount Kyle" I think you will agree.RegardsPeter.

Guest Heather 636

Very glad that I was able to help Peter.Thank you for your kind words.Enjoy!Heather