Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightpro08

New Video Card

My system: Athlon Tbird 1 gig.Ram: 500MEG SDRAM.VIDEO CARD: GeForce 11 PRO 64 meg RAM.Monitor: Viewsonic P810 4.What would you reccommend for a NEW VIDEO CARD?Would there be enough performance improvement to justify the expense? What are the latest drivers that would give me some improvement:Thanks.Jim Alcorn

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Jim,*A Little update: Look at Geof's "The Videocard makes the difference"*-NCI have a GF2 Pro 64MB card, and no real intets to replace it,other than perhaps with a friends disused ASUS GF3 card in afew months time or so.I have a 1.4GHz thunderbird on A7M266, which I will upgradesooner than GFX card, since most in MSFS is calculations.Just my two Eurocents worth.-Niels Christiansen

If you're loooking for extra FPS and stabilty in FS2k2, uprgade your MOBO, RAM, and CPU. A new video card will of course make things look 'nicer,', but really won't improve your FPS.For example. I uprading from an ATI RADEON 7200 64MB DDR VIVO card to a GeForce 4 128MB Ti4600 on my 'old' P4 1.3GHz rig. I didn't notice any FPS increase, but diffenitly saw an improvement in visual quality. A couple of months later, I uprading my whole system (new specs are in my sig.) I saw my FPS increase 60-80%. Also, if you're looking to upgrade, save up and wait until this fall. There lots of 'goodies' coming out before X-MAS. (AMD Hammer CPU, NV30, nForce2, etc.)Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 40.41 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298