Sign in to follow this  
Guest

BA dropping "World Tails"?

Recommended Posts

I remember reading an article about how British Airways was planning to phase out the World Tails paint schemes on their fleet and go back to the "Union" tails. That was back in the spring and I haven't heard anything since. Does anyone know anything about that?? Thanks!John-PaulToronto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes, apparently the shareholders (myself included) did not like the idea of BA giving away their national identity with the multicultural tails. It was a good idea but it just didn't (forgive the pun) 'take off'. Besides the chattem dock livery (the union tails) is much nicer and gives the airline more of a singular identity.Cya ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no. But with the current financial state of the airline, quite a while I would imagine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IIRC, one of the last things Bob Ayling did before he left the airline was to announce that all new aircraft would be delivered with Union Flag tails, and that 50% of the fleet would carry them. I guess that means that when a/c go through overhauls, when they would normally be repainted, they will lose their World Tails. It's already evident with the BA franchise operator, Maersk Air UK. If you search Airliners.net for G-MSK, you'll see how their 737-500s lost their very nice World Tails, and got that very samey, rather boring Union Flag. Sorry, I'm British, but we only represent 40% of BA's customers, so it's right the other 60% should be from other nations. And didn't it brighten up airports? Knocked our European and American competitors into a cocked hat, didn't they?Rob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this