Sign in to follow this  

Stick probs in FS2002

Hi all !I am new to this forum so i hope you will help me. I run win xp on my system and since i upgraded do another mobo and cpu the joystick won't work in fs2002. under the control panel / game devices he is recognized and full funcional.Does soemone of you have any idea what to do ??Thanks and best regards from germany,Carsten

Guest emergency_pants

What stick is it?Did you also change to XP when you installed the new hardware? Sounds like it might be a Sidewinder Force Feedback 1?Any more info?Simon

One quick thing to try would be renaming your fs2002.cfg to fs2002.old, then start FS2002. FS2002 will reinitialize, and may recognize the joystick again. If it doesn't work, just delete the new fs2002.cfg, and rename fs2002.old back to fs2002.cfg....-John

Hi !Thanks for your response.I tried to renamed the fs2002 cfg, but it still won'T work. The stick is a sidewinder force feedback Typ 1. The matter is that before the cpu change i allready had win xp and the stick worked fine. The problems started after i installed the new mobo and cpu......

Guest emergency_pants

Yeah... I had this problem with my SW FF1 stick too. I gave up in the end and bought the version 2 stick. Exactly the same but with different plastic moulding... and drivers... Grrrrrr!! What a cash-in for MS!!!I believe someone found a solution to this Sidewinder ForceFeedback 1 thing... I'll try and find it and report back.Simon

Hi simon,thanks a lot. Hopefully you find a solution. I don't want to buy a new one...

Guest emergency_pants

Here...http://www.simworld.themutual.net/Tutorial.../swfs2k2xp.htmlTry this. I seem to remember something about cfg files, but according to this, it's just a matter of re-assigning the controller outputs.Take a look and I hope this helps,Also.. I recommend this site for tips and tricks.. it the Flght Sim Veterans Club tips and tricks.http://fsgateway.com/tips.aspSimon.

Hi simon,i allready tried this option. still no sucess :-((Any further suggestions ?Carsten

I've got the same problem.One question, with XP have you got any SP1 components installed? (Check Add/Remove Programs in control panel)I did a full XP 'Fresh Install' and first thing I did was check out FS - Not a problem. And I am using the orig SW1 stick.Everything worked fine. Only things I can put it down to are either SP1 (I only had one component on there which I don't remember updating), or my onboard Intel sound card. I too have just upgraded to a P4.Hope this helps....

Hi all,thanks for your help.I think i solved the problem. The matter was that there were some problems with my soundblaster live and the onboard audio (gameport). i had to disable the soundcard gameport and enable the gamport on the mobo. Now all works fine.Once again thanks you very much and best wishes from germanyCarstenP.S. I don't think that the actual german position on the worldwide fight against terror is not correct. I still stand behind the US and UK. Best regards !