Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stamatis

2 ??s: Soundblaster Audigy & File Back-up.

Hi all!I have the Soundblaster Audigy card, and since it's use in my 6 month old computer, it seems to have a problem with FS2K2. Recurring sound drop-outs (not total) and annoying shrill monotones in dashes, like an extended phone busy signal, happen at times while in the sim.Now it's easy to correct. I just hit the pause key, then again to unpause, and the sound quirks stop. And this can occur at random and several times during a flight. Seems to occur when ATC talks (but not always) or when I swivel my head in the VC and the sound channels compensate for the changed angle of my ear.Anyway, I'm sure this is some type of conflict or config. problem, and I was wondering if anybody with more saavy at this than me has encountered it, and has figured it out.2nd question is; What is the best way to back-up crucial files like aircraft folder and traffic bgl? I currently back-up the .bgl file every month or so. I'd like to use my CD burner, but I'd go through 9 CDs. Is it easy to zip these files and then install on a CD?Thanks for any advice or directions!!!Rick

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I had the same problem with my Audigy Card until I visited the soundblaster site and found some new drivers:http://www.soundblaster.com/support/drivers/This set seems to be great because it seems that the setup programme automatically removes any old audigy files and replaces them with fresh ones. Really nice support from Creative.Since I installed these, I haven't had those squeeks and squelches.As for backing up, you could always buy a cheap 2nd hand Hard Drive and use that. I have two HDs side by side which is great for backing stuff up. You could purchase a 2nd hand 10gb drive for very little these days, I would think... and it's not so difficult to fit.Simon.

Not a solution, but a confirmation of your problem.I have the same audio card and the same problem, only worse: In my case, when this occurs my computer freezes and requires a reboot. Consider yourself lucky that you can get away with the pause/unpause trick :-)